Thursday, January 25, 2007

Captivating!


So I just finished the book Captivating yesterday and it is seriously the best book I've ever read(besides the bible of course)!!! It took me about 6 months to read it cause when I read I like to really dissect the book so I get all that I can out of it, and plus I it was the busiest time of my life!! lol! Anyways, I highly highly recommend it to every woman!! It has totally changed my life! When I went on my little retreat a couple weeks ago this is what I read most of the time because it just really speaks to a woman's heart in a way that I have never seen another book do!
The 3 main things that the book talked about that a woman's heart longs for:
1. To be romanced
2. To to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure
3. To unveil beauty
The way it talks about doing this is unbelievably simple but so important!
One of the things is offering your true heart to people without fear of being rejected, it's risky but God did not give us these hearts to hide or bury but to come alive and to minister to others with them!
Another very important part that I read and God is really working in me right now is worshiping.
I have found that whenever I really like something I LOVE it and it becomes almost a god in my life! I remember I used to like a band when I was younger and it just became all that I would talk and think about! I was just sharing what I thought this fault was in my life with one of my friends yesterday and she said "THAT IS YOUR STRENGTH!!" I was taken back for a second cause I could not see how this could be a strength! But she went on to say when you turn that same attention to God that's when it is your strength! So my weakness then becomes perfected into my strength!
Lastly, in this book it talks about how a girls never ending question is: Am I lovely?
And it shows that we really try to get this question answered by everyone else but really the only one who can truly answer it is Jesus!
So yeah..Incredible book..drop everything you're doing right now and go out and buy it! The authors also have a book for guys called Wild at heart I haven't read it but heard it was excellent! I love you all!! Have an amazing day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you pass on anything that has been fruitful in your life, Sarah.

What was the best part of the book to you, Sarah?

Liana said...

Awesome Sarah, isn't it!? It's one to keep re-reading (and read it's counterpart too... though "Wild at Heart" was not as easy to get thru since it's not geared towards us.... good still though.)

Paige Kearin said...

Great recommendation...I should pick it up!

Anonymous said...

I picked up this book to read but I wasn't sure how much it would change my outlook. I don't know if I need that much romancing... I'm too busy working the harvest! ;) However, you're the second woman to recommend it...

Kate/anxiousdog

Samantha F. said...

Yooohoo!! Sarah!! It's been a OVER three months since you last posted here!

I'm impatient! =P

(love you girl!)

Anonymous said...

This book was extremely helpful as I made the transition from "Saved & Single" to "Saved & Married". Many things I learned in this book are helping me in my marriage and the way we relate to each other and help each other surrender more and moere of ourselves to Father. I am constantly recommending this book and the Wild at Heart book. We both read these and then swapped and read the other's.

By the way, Anonymous, I was too busy working the harvest too and that can be dangerous. You probably know this but your ministry is not your ministry. It is Jesus' ministry and it only flows through you through a place of intimacy. This book can help you find that place. It is worth reading. Open yourself up to Father's romance of your heart!