Friday, May 26, 2006

The power of a praying (future) wife!

Several years ago my parents told me that it was very important to start praying for my husband! My dad told me that someone had told him the same thing when he was young and he never did it because he didn't think it was that important...
My mom went through some REALLY rough times in her late teens, that could have been prevented had he been praying! So I decided that I would start praying!! lol! I did for a couple months and forgot about it and then just did it every once in awhile when I would remember...
Then about 2 years ago for school(I was homeschooled) we had to make different confessions/prayers for areas in our life, that we would pray every day!
Now when I was younger I had A LIST of what I wanted in a husband, had to be an architect, had to be 5'5", etc... LOL!! Now the list has somewhat dwindled to the really important things, being a strong Christian, strong leader, etc.
I decided to incorporate that list into my everyday confession!! It has really really helped!! I have a confession binder that I just open every morning and pray! It makes it super easy and I always remember to do it now!
Also, once you get married you will be praying for your husband a lot! So why not get a head start?? Here is the confession **click here** that you can download and customize for yourself or you can create your own!! Also any guys that are reading this you could always just change it to be for you wife:)
This is one of the most important things you could do for your future!!!
Have a very fun blessed day!
Sarah
PS. I got some people saying after reading this post, that the only person who would fit that confession is Jesus...I totally understand that NO ONE is perfect and I'm soooo not going to marry a perfect guy that practices all of those qualities 100% but I can definitely pray that God helps him in those areas!!! One of the things God loves is for us to be specific!!! :)

7 comments:

c r y s t a l said...

Sarah,
I think it is so awesome that you have started this blog, girl! I am going to send several girls here. You are someone to be admired, girl! God is and will use you in amazing ways!

Holritz Photography said...

Good stuff Sarah...

One of my life's goals and callings revolves around writing too... I need to get off my butt and go :)

amber

Shyla said...

Sarah Love, You are an awesome testimony to a hurting generation! I was laying out by the pool at my apartments today and these highschoolers were talking about smoking, drinking, and sex the whole time. My heart grieved for them because of thier choices. I kept thinking that if only they knew how much BETTER their life could be...
All that to say thank you for standing strong in what you believe in and being a testimony of a teenager who has made all the right choices and is blessed for it :)
You, my darling, are an amazing godly woman and I have no doubt you will be blessed with an amazing guy! (...a man after God's own heart who will only fuel the fire of your love for the Lord!)
Love ya girl!

Sarah Barlow said...

Oh Shyla! Thank you! What a story! I know I so feel for those people!!
You are going to get an AMAZING guy too!! Can't wait to meet him!
Love you so much too girl!!!!!
Miss you!

Shyla said...

hehe...yeah, I cant either! (wink wink) ;)

Anonymous said...

You should go find a Wayne Watson's song "Somewhere In The World" .. don't remember the album, but it's perfect for this entry.

Debbie Garon said...

my parents used to tell me to do that same thing! i used to do it but now i never remember! grrr! Thanks for reminding me! its so important!