Monday, May 29, 2006

Vision! Why do I need it?

So many people talk about vision and the need for one but I have met soooo many people who don't have one and don't even know where to start to get one!! One of the things that I often feel really sad about is I see soooo many people totally forget all their morals and go the opposite direction in their life!!
I've always wondered, why is that? What causes them to do that and why do others stay on the right path??
I came to the conclusion that it all has to do with vision!
Proverbs 29:18 - Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, but happy is he who keeps the law.
So basically this verse is saying that when people don't have vision or purpose for their life from God, that they just run wild!
When you have a vision, that vision guides you and keeps you on course!!
Vision gives you the license to say no to anything that is outside of the vision because you know where your headed and what you can and can't do to accomplish that!
It helps make decisions and peer pressure a whole lot easier! I can easily say no to alot of peer pressure because I know that it won't take me anywhere but off my course!
An awesome book to read about vision that REALLY helped me in this area is called The Power of Vision. This is an excellent book and I highly recommend it!! A great thing to do today is to just take some time and get away, write down the things that you love to do, what you want to do in life, what you could do to change the world, and ask God how to do it all! Also, ask for him to give you purpose!! It will change your life!! Seriously!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great thing to post about. I often hear my friends saying they have no idea what to do with their lives. I didn't ever think it could be a "vision problem." *nods while thinking about that* Thanks...that'll be on my mind all day and I'm glad it will be.

Debbie Garon said...

I actually just found my vision! i just have to make a plan to make my visio happen!