Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Boys Boys Boys!!!


Ahh!!!! What do we do!!??!?!?! I think I started liking them at like 3 years old!!
I can't even count on two hands how many boys I've liked....
Justin, Steve, Joey, Louie, John, Bryan, David, Andrew, Jordan, etc...goes on and on!! lol!
(....most of them never even knew that I liked them!!!!)
A while ago I just cried out to God because even though it's fun to like someone....it is TIME consuming!! God showed me that each of these crushes were like tests!!! What!!?? How could it be a test? He showed me that with each guy that I would like I would think about, talk about, dream about, etc. allll the time!! So the test was whether I can keep God #1 or is the guy going to be #1!?? Hmm...well I most definitely failed everytime!!! And it just kept drawing me farther from God because all these guys were getting in the way! So that is why I cried out to God..at first I was like I just don't want to like anymore guys for a awhile!! Well...that didn't happen...but the way that I handle it is different now! :) Everytime that I think of that person that I like...I pray!!! And believe me I pray ALOT now....but it is building my faith, helping the situation, strengthening my prayer life, and drawing me closer to God rather than farther away!!
I also realized that I can't put my hope in any guys...because I will be disappointed...It says in the Bible to put your hope in God and you'll NEVER be disappointed!!! Which means my hope can never be in any guy even if I end up marrying him...it still can't be in him it has to stay in God!! Trust me this is super hard but worth it!!!
Soooo....I challenge you girls...(and even guys!) that everytime that you think of that awesomely amazing person that you think is the cutest thing that ever hit planet earth!!!!! Pray!!!!! Pass this test!! Don't let God be put on the backburner!! Show him that he is number #1 in everything!! It will MAJORLY help!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

**Wild Cheering** I completely agree with you, Sarah. This is spot on!!

God bless you!

Sincerely,
Sam F. (If you don't know who, Natalie will tell you. =P )

Anonymous said...

I finally sat down and had time to read all of your posts......HOLY CATS! Girls definitely need this blog. This is a highly relevant blog, and I've enjoyed reading every post.

May God continue to speak to you and use you to bless all of us!

Hugs,
Sam F.

Anonymous said...

HAHA!!
Best post yet!!!
That is the funniest picture of you and Justin, neither of you look ANYTHING like that!!!
I'm kinda glad there is no one to like (for me) right now!

:)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I'm so glad you've decided to set yourself apart for the one God has for you!
Love you,
Mom

Sarah Barlow said...

Thank you so much Sam!!!!!
Yeah no worries I know who you are;) lol!! So glad you enjoyed it!

Sarah Barlow said...

Haha! Thankfully we look nothing like that now!! That would be kinda strange!
LOL!
Thanks Natalie and Mom!:)

Anonymous said...

Awesome post!!!!!!

J@KE said...

You go girl! Tell it like it is.

Natalie~ I hope you thank God EVERY day for your (oldest) sister........ It's not like everyone else has one like yous. Treasure it!

The truth will set you free!

J@KE

Anonymous said...

HAHA JAke!! totally! yeah.. its such a blessing to have a sister thats gonna write a book about me:) lol maybe not.. but its gonna have my name in it:)
lol

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work sarah, your hitting the nail on the head, Bata bing bata boom

Shyla said...

Thanks Sarah Darling...
It is so easy to allow yourself to get sidetracked (and often times unintentionally) but a good smack upside the head is needed sometimes...(at least for me) Thanks for the reminder!


So... is there someone in your life that is causing you to feel the need to pray alot??? ;) ;)

Sarah Barlow said...

Oh Shlya I know! I always need that smack upside the head!! hehe!!
So this post was for me too!! lol!
....and yes..I do have to pray alot..;)hehe!

Liana said...

Sarah dear... are you SURE you're not 38 years old? Because you are WISE waaaaay beyond your years!!!

I've been watching this as you've started and I can't WAIT to get the coffee-table hard-back version, splattered with your wise notes to Natalie and beautiful pics! Keep 'em coming :)

Sarah Barlow said...

Liana! Haha!! Yeah...sometimes I feel like I'm 38!! LOL!!

Thank you so much! I really hope this will be a book someday...maybe soon enough for Natalie to give to her daughter!! LOL! :)

Debbie Garon said...

wow that is a great idea! my life is consumed by boys but if i pray everytime i think about them that will help draw me closest to the most important thing....GOD!