Friday, June 02, 2006

Mean Girls

Why are girls so mean??? Maybe it's hormonal...I really don't know!!
Seriously though...
We criticize how people look, what they're wearing, if their makeup is right, if they're too fat or too skinny, and it goes on an on as if we are some perfect flawless person!
I am definitely guilty of it!!
The thing that really gets me is leaving people out because their not as "cool" as you!!
I'm definitely guilty of this one too....When I was younger at our church there was more of the popular crowd and then the outcasts. We really never associated with the "other" people because they just didn't get it!! lol!
Now some of those people are some of my good friends!! If we just get past looks and dress and see what the people are really like!! They could be some of the most fun people to hang out with!!
An awesome thing to do is put yourself in their place!!
I had gone to our church for all of my life and we left when I was 14!!
My whole world changed when we went to a new church and I was no longer popular or well known...And many of you know that it is HARD to make it especially at that time of life. Everyone has their set friends they don't need anymore so you just get left out!! It is a huge struggle!!
So whether you are part of the popular crowd or the outcasts....get out of yourself(and your hormones!!) and invite people into your life! Find someone who you feel has been left out and start up a conversation with them!! You never know! They may become your best friend!!!
Oh!! I just thought of someone to do this with!! Now your turn to think of someone!!! :)

5 comments:

J@KE said...

Though I'm not a girl by any means these principals apply to me as well. I too am guilty of ostracizing other people and I know how it feels to be left out so I try to reach out as offten as I can.

J@KE said...

often is spelled with one "F"

Anonymous said...

Me too im just a guy but God will bless you for doing this for young girls... so sarah keep up the good work and maybe someone will make one just for guys.........May all the girls who apply this to there lives be blessed.

Sarah Barlow said...

Hey Adam and Jake!!
So glad you both are getting something out of this!! That's awesome!!
And yeah! It's most definitely not just for girls:)

Debbie Garon said...

umm sarah i know what u mean b/c i was one of those girls that would hang out with u at church growing up so i know exactly what ur talking about! and ur right its tough to fit in when ur going somewhere new for the first time whether it be church or even school b/c kids are cruel and they have thier own clicks that dont include you! grr if we could all just stop passing judgement and start showing love and just include everyone whether they r fat or skinny or black or white or w/e u get what im staying! i think u have put out a great challange in which i accept! from now on i am going to include other no matter what they look like or how crazy they act b/c thats what God would do. And as for passing judgment that is def something i need prayer for but also something that i am going to work on!! I love you!