Thursday, June 29, 2006

Proverbs 31!

For the next couple weeks I'm going to be doing an indepth study on here on Proverbs 31! I'm really excited about this because it is what God has called us girls and women to be! Even if we are not married we can still work on these qualities, because I guarantee you that if you don't have them now they won't just appear all of a sudden when you are married! Some might with God's grace...but most of these things need to become habit now! As I said in an earlier post that for a whole semester my dad taught me on the Proverbs 31 woman. It was such an eye opener! Prov. 31 is now definitely my favorite chapter, probably because God has given me such revelation about it! Now to put it into practice! So for this first post about it, I'll just post the whole section so you can get a feel for what we'll be going over! :)
Proverbs 31:10-31
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This should be good.
Looking forward to it.

Shyla said...

Bring it on girl! :) This will be good!

theresa said...

in other words women are irreplaceable, aren't they?
they create quite orderly world, they are the basic element of outside world..
you know what there is a great song: http://www.allisoncrowe.com/music/imagine.mp3 -> download it:)) :**

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Proverbs 31 is amazing! I just read your Confessions for Husband piece. Sarah, did you write that beautiful prayer? Wow, that one was a tear jerker. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Barlow said...

Yeah!!! I LOVE Proverbs 31! The best chapter EVER!!
Yes, I did write that:) God really helped! I could NOT do it on my own!!
My brother even turned it into a confession for him to say over him and his future wife!! How cool is that!?

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awesome! I'm going to start using it as a tool in my daily quiet time to pray over my husband too. You just had a beautiful way of saying all the things my heart feels but doesn't always know how to put into words. I've forwarded it to a bunch of girlfriends as well. Thanks Sarah!